Don't Order That Beef & Cheddar Sandwich Just Yet!
Tuesday, February 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM EST
Contributed by: #2JBrumfield
Bill Risley's claim to fame as the last Toronto Blue Jay to go to Arby's may still be intact. Monday's arbitration hearing involving home run king Jose Bautista and the team has been postponed until Friday, leading to speculation the two sides could hammer out a long term deal.
Robert MacLeod of The Globe & Mail has comments from second baseman Aaron Hill and reliever Jason Frasor who hope the 54 home run man is back in the fold for 2011 and beyond.
In other Jays related news...
- The National Post's Jeremy Sandler takes a look at the team's top prospects who could make an impact in 2011.
- Bluejays.com's Gregor Chisholm has a chat with probable Opening Day starter Ricky Romero.
- The Toronto Sun has a photo gallery of the Jays arrival in Dunedin, a brief blurb on righty Jesse Litsch, a lengthier feature on catcher J.P. Arencibia and a story on outfielder Travis Snider.
- Baseball Prospectus' Marc Normandin says Kyle Drabek is one of the American League rookie hurlers to look out for this season.
- Ballpark Digest takes a look at a proposed sports complex in Las Vegas that would include a new baseball stadium for the Las Vegas 51's or a major league team.
Around the majors...