Every site has a predict-the-division-winners-and-playoffs challenge (including this one).
Here's our annual step off the beaten path to get your predicitions regarding 2011 individual award winners.
Bedazzle your friends! Shock the world! Accumulate points and win an as-yet-unnamed prize! (A cuttlefish? A Batter's Box No-Prize? A song written in your honor? What could it be?)
Just cut and paste my predictions, below, into your reply, change the names to reflect your predictions (warning: mine will be way wrong, they always are) and impress us all with your wisdom, daring, cunning and knowledge! (Entries accepted through April 15.)
2011 MLB Awards Predictions
- (20 points) AL MVP: Josh Hamilton
- (20 points) NL MVP: Albert Pujols
- (25 points) AL Cy Young: Trevor Cahill
- (25 points) NL Cy Young: Cole Hamels
- (30 points) AL Rookie of the Year: Jeremy Hellickson
- (30 points) NL Rookie of the Year: Brandon Belt
- (10 points) AL Manager of the Year: Joe Maddon
- (10 points) NL Manager of the Year: Don Mattingly
- (30 points) AL Comeback Player of the Year: Justin Morneau
- (30 points) NL Comeback Player of the Year: Edinson Volquez
- (1 point) TIEBREAKER: MLB Home Run Leader (and Total): Hamilton (46)
Who's up next, fellow Bauxites?