Batter's Box Legal Page
1. All content included on this site (with the exceptions noted in paragraph 2) is the property of Batter’s Box and the Batter’s Box Roster and is protected by Canadian, U.S. and international copyright laws. Any use including the republication, distribution, transmission, display or excerption of the contents on this site without the written consent of a member of the Roster is absolutely prohibited.
2. Notwithstanding Paragraph 1, the copyright in and the sole responsibility for the Pinch-Hit articles and in the statements posted in the Comments section rests with the individual authors. The views expressed in the Pinch-Hit articles and in the statements posted in the Comments section do not necessarily reflect those of Batter’s Box or the members of the Roster, and neither Batter’s Box nor the members of the Roster will be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the Pinch-Hit articles and in the statements posted in the Comments section.
3a. Healthy debates are encouraged and unpopular points of view are accepted and often welcomed at Batter’s Box, keeping in mind that any opinion is subject to spirited and even heated discussion and challenge. But all users of Batter’s Box are requested to refrain from vulgarity, profanity, obscenity or personal attacks of any kind. Collegiality and respect are required of regular participants.
3b. Any material posted at Batter’s Box that is or could be considered to be abusive, harassing, threatening, stalking, hateful or racially offensive, obscene or sexually explicit, or a promotion of illegal activity, is strictly prohibited. All decisions regarding the classification of posted material into any of these categories are in the sole discretion of Batter’s Box and the members of the Roster.
3c. Batter’s Box and the members of the Roster reserve the absolute right to delete or edit anything posted on the site in order to comply with sections (a) and (b), as well as with all applicable laws of copyright, trademark, libel or slander. Neither Batter’s Box nor the members of the Roster are liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.3d. Any decisions to ban violators of these rules are in the sole discretion of Batter’s Box and the members of the Roster. We have itchy trigger fingers, so don’t transgress lightly. Requests to have a ban rescinded can be sent to any member of the Roster, along with an explanation of the conduct that brought about the ban and a reason for the ban to be rescinded.
4. Space is provided on Batter’s Box for users to post e-mail and Website addresses. Neither Batter’s Box nor any member of the Roster will collect, sell, or otherwise distribute this information for any purpose not explicitly authorized by the user. However, users should be aware that many automated software programs cruise the Internet seeking e-mail addresses that may be used for such purposes. Neither Batter’s Box nor any member of the Roster will be held liable for any unauthorized third-party use of a user’s e-mail or Web address collected by an unauthorized third-party from Batter’s Box.
5a. Batter’s Box will consider offers to advertise products or services on our Website. Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Decisions on whether to accept advertising are in the sole discretion of Batter’s Box and the members of the Roster, and may involve among other considerations the nature of the product or service being advertised, the form of the advertisement, and considerations relating to the nature of the site.5b. Unsolicited commercial messages posted on any Comment thread are subject to immediate deletion. Repeated instances of unsolicited commercial message posts may result in banning. Don’t spam Batter’s Box.
6. Impersonating any person or entity or misrepresenting your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, even in fun, is not appreciated. For various reasons, Batter’s Box strongly discourages the impersonation of real individuals. Instances of impersonation may be subject to a warning, a deletion or a ban, depending on the nature of the impersonation, the frequency of instances of impersonation, and the nature of the comments made under the impersonated name. All decisions regarding the appropriate response to impersonation are in the sole discretion of Batter’s Box and the members of the Roster.
7. All users of Batter’s Box are deemed to have agreed to abide by the foregoing regulations, and are further deemed to have agreed to indemnify, defend, and hold Batter’s Box and the members of the Roster harmless from and against any and all liabilities and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by Batter’s Box and the members of the Roster in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by the user of these regulations of any other use of Batter’s Box.